LEGOLAND Discovery Center has officially opened at Easton, and it’s as awesome as you thought it would be.
The opening ceremony kicked off with a children’s parade led by the one and only Bertie, the LEGOLAND Discovery Center mascot and the creative kids. All of the kiddos waited patiently while opening remarks were given by a handful of speakers.
“It has been a thrilling journey to the grand opening of LEGOLAND Discovery Center Columbus and we are overwhelmed by the support and excitement we’ve experienced across the state of Ohio,” said Jacob Kristensen, general manager, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Columbus. “We are excited to give families a truly unique experience and the chance to be immersed in a colorful world of creativity and imagination.”
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Columbus is a 36,000-square-foot, two-story, indoor attraction that features:
- Two interactive rides: Kingdom Quest and Merlin’s Apprentice.
- A 4D Cinema where you can enjoy your favorite LEGO movies with additional wind, rain and snow effects.
- 10 LEGO play zones including an area where you can build and test your own race cars and a LEGO DUPLO area for younger children.
- MINILAND Ohio which includes iconic landmarks from Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati made out of over 1.5 million LEGO bricks.
- A Creative Workshop where you can take LEGO building classes from the Master Model Builder.
“We are all about families having fun together through playful learning,” said Kristensen. “We provide two to three hours of interactive and educational entertainment for families, no matter the weather! We want children and their parents to be inspired to build anything, anywhere inside the attraction.”
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Columbus is located at 157 Easton Town Center, Columbus, OH 43219 and will be open 365 days per year, Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Single-Day Admission Passes are available for purchase online starting at $20 per person or $24.00 per person at the door. Children under the age of two are free. For more photos, keep scrolling.