Share This Article
Get ready to cheer on Chef Avishar Barua, Columbus.
The talented chef of Service Bar will be headed to the Top Chef kitchen where he’ll compete to win it all. The new season was filmed in Portland and will begin airing on April 1st.
If Barua is the winner, he’ll not only take home the glory of being called Top Chef, but he’ll also win $250,000. Service Bar has long been a favorite here in Columbus and Barua is known for his delicious food and creativity in the kitchen.
So who will he be going up against? Other contestants include:
- Dawn Burrell (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Gabe Erales (Austin, Texas)
- Nelson German (Oakland, California)
- Byron Gomez (Aspen, Colorado)
- Sasha Grumman (Houston, Texas)
- Roscoe Hall (Birmingham, Alabama)
- Sara Hauman (Portland, Oregon)
- Kiki Louya (Detriot, Michigan)
- Maria Mazon (Tuscon, Arizona)
- Shota Nakajima (Seattle, Washington)
- Gabriel Pascuzzi (Portland, Oregon)
- Jamie Tran (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Chris Viaud (Milford, New Hampshire)
This is the 18th season of Top Chef, and due to coronavirus, the series had to make some changes. Instead of guests and judges flying in and out, the season will feature a rotating judging and dining panel, full of all-star winners, Top Chef finalists, and other fan favorites.
Judge Tom Colicchio says this “could be one of the best collections of chefs we’ve had on the show in 18 seasons” in the trailer for the new season, which you can watch below.
Top Chef will return April 1 and airs on Bravo. For more info, please click here..
Congratulations Chef Barua! We’re all rooting for you!
A daily Columbus email you'll actually love. ❤️
Every morning we compile the best of Columbus news & events and deliver it in a quick 5 minute read that sets you up with everything you need to be a well informed Columbusian. Columbusite. Cbussian? Whatever, give it a try, you'll love it.