Share This Article
The field at Ohio Stadium is getting a new look.
The Horseshoe is turning 100-years-old and this summer, the field will get some tweaks this summer. The field will be put into place in June and July and it will be done just in time for the 2022 football season.
The Ohio State University Atheltic Department asked for designs from fans last fall and after receiving over 1,000 submissions, the panel chose this new look.
The new design changes include:
- The Block O at midfield has been emphasized with the outer strokes color adjusted to gray
- Buckeye leaf decals replace the two X’s at the respective 35 yard line kickoff locations
- Official OHIO STATE and BUCKEYES athletics word marks, consistent with those on other venue playing surfaces and on team uniforms and apparel, are in the two scarlet end zones
- The outer boundaries of play have been color adjusted to gray to complement the scarlet end zones
- Yard line numbering matches the block type font on the players’ uniforms
- The iconic black/white/scarlet striping pattern, found most prominently on Buckeye helmets, will have a home in each end zone along the end lines, matching the width of the goal posts.
Fans will get a look at the new turf on Sept. 3, 2022 when Ohio State takes on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
A daily Columbus email you'll actually love. ❤️
Every morning we compile the best of Columbus news & events and deliver it in a quick 5 minute read that sets you up with everything you need to be a well informed Columbusian. Columbusite. Cbussian? Whatever, give it a try, you'll love it.