I know that it’s January and everyone is still sticking to their resolutions, but dream with me here.
What if I told you that for $18, you could try 12 delicious, regional comfort foods, all while enjoying the beauty that Hocking Hills has to offer. Tempting, right?
Well folks, the Comfort Food Cruise, aka one of the best events in the Hocking Hills, is back for another year.
Here’s how it works. Travelers will get a ticket book with a dozen sample tickets. If you’re really willing to dive in, you can try to use all twelve tickets in one weekend. But if you’d rather savor every bite, the program runs for three weekends.
One ticket is needed for every sample, but you are allowed to share. The best part is that $5 of every booklet purchase will benefit local food banks.
Participating 2019 stops include:
· The Boot Grill: Bacon-wrapped, guacamole-stuffed chicken breast
· Hocking Hills Diner: Banana bread French toast
· Home Tavern: Hamburger sliders and a cup of soup
· Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls: Brioche bread pudding with a local maple and Watershed Bourbon sauce
· Jack’s Steak House: Jack’s famous Cabbage Soup
· M&M Family Diner: Vegetable soup
· Millstone BBQ: Pulled pork flatbread tacos
· The Olde Dutch Restaurant: Chicken & noodles or mashed potatoes (your choice)
· Pearl’s Diner: Biscuits and gravy
· Pizza Crossing: 8” one-item pizza
· Bush’s Restaurant: Chili
· Hocking Hills Bakery: Sweet rolls
· Hungry Buffalo: Mac & cheese
· Mam’s Rusted Skillet: Cheeseburger sliders with homemade chips
· Nelsonville Emporium: Homemade pretzel with choice of dip
· The Ridge Inn: Meatloaf
· *Bonus Stop at Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center: Cinnamon rolls and a home cook’s souvenir
Hocking Hills is basically the best place to plan to eat a ton of food because it’s the best place to burn off the calories. If you’re making a whole weekend out of it, you can plan excursions to some of the area’s awesome attractions like Old Man’s Cave, Cedar Falls, John Glenn Astronomy Park, and more.
The 6th Annual Comfort Food Cruise will take place Jan. 12-13, Jan. 19-20 and Jan. 26-27. To get your tickets, stop by the Welcome Center located at 13178 St. Rt. 664 S Logan, OH 43138 or order yours online here.
A daily Columbus email you'll actually love. ❤️
Every morning we compile the best of Columbus news & events and deliver it in a quick 5 minute read that sets you up with everything you need to be a well informed Columbusian. Columbusite. Cbussian? Whatever, give it a try, you'll love it.