Share This Article
Frontier Airlines announced their largest expansion ever on Tuesday. What does that mean for Columbus? Well, how about cheap nonstop flights from John Glenn Columbus International Airport to Austin, Texas, and Tampa, Florida!
— Frontier Airlines (@FlyFrontier) July 18, 2017
According to Frontier, this expansion was aimed at hardworking folks in America that let vacation days go unused because it’s just so darn expensive to travel. Thanks to this new plan, many travelers will be able to buy plane tickets for as little as $39. Some flights will be available for even less!
Columbus’ nonstop flights to Tampa will start in December and the flights will leave three times a week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The flights to Austin will start in the spring and will be the first nonstop flights to Austin from Columbus ever offered.
Sure, Tampa is a great vacation destination, but I’m especially excited to plan a trip to Austin.
Here are 10 reasons you should be excited, too!
1. Austin, Texas was ranked the No. 1 place to live in survey conducted by U.S. News & World Report. So wouldn’t it be an awesome place to visit, too?
2. It’s the third best city in the nation to start a career according to WalletHub. Looking for a new start? Book your flight on Frontier and line up a couple job interviews.
3. WalletHub also thinks Austin is a great city to start a small business! It comes in at number 8.
4. It’s the best U.S. state capital to live in! (Columbus came in at No. 15, so we obviously need to step up our game).
5. SmartAsset says Austin is the 9th best city to raise a family.
6. So now that you know awesome the city is, here’s what you can do while you visit: Walk around the University of Texas at Austin campus.
7. 6th Street, in Downtown Austin, sounds like it would be an awesome time. Like our Arena District or Short North!
8. The Austin area has a ton of craft breweries and taking a tour is a must.
9. Bringing the kids on your trip? Don’t sweat it. They will love the Thinkery, Austin’s children’s museum.
10. A walk in the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Botanical Garden sounds lovely.
No, I’m not trying to convince you to move to Austin. But I will say, don’t be surprised if you fall in love with the place during your visit!
I’m pretty sure the reasons to fly to Tampa, Florida are obvious…
Featured image via Wikimedia Commons.
A daily Columbus email you'll actually love. ❤️
Every morning we compile the best of Columbus news & events and deliver it in a quick 5 minute read that sets you up with everything you need to be a well informed Columbusian. Columbusite. Cbussian? Whatever, give it a try, you'll love it.