Share This Article
Looking for some spooky yet socially distant fun this Halloween?
Well, you’re in luck. CAPA is celebrating the season with a special Halloween screening of Beetlejuice. On Friday, October 30, 300 attendees will be allowed to head into the Ohio Theatre for a screening of the quirky Halloween comedy.
Due to the limited capacity, guests will be able to be very spread out. In addition, they’ll be asked to wear a mandatory face covering.
Beetlejuice (1988) is rated PG and stars Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Michael Keaton, and Wynona Ryder. The film will begin at 7 p.m., with pre-show entertainment from CAPA organist Clark Wilson beginning at 6:30. Wilson will be playing some spooky, Halloween-themed tunes on the theatre’s historic pipe organ.
Tickets to the movie are $10 and they have to be pre-purchased through the CAPA website. In order to gain entrance to the theatre, you must show your ticket on your phone or print it out at home before you come.
CAPA has put a number of safety protocols in place, which you can read below.
- Patrons, staff, and volunteers must wear face masks/coverings at all times.
- Tickets must be pre-purchased online at www.capa.com and are limited to a maximum capacity of 300.
- Seating will be pre-assigned to maintain social distancing protocols. Groups larger than four people must be from the same household.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the lobby and restrooms.
- Concessions will not be offered.
- There will be no intermission.
- CAPA will implement enhanced, deep-cleaning procedures between each screening and increase the fresh air intake through the HVAC system.
- Those exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or who may have been exposed to someone presenting symptoms in the 14 days prior to the screening are asked not to attend.
For more information about attending the screening or grabbing your tickets, please click here.
A daily Columbus email you'll actually love. ❤️
Every morning we compile the best of Columbus news & events and deliver it in a quick 5 minute read that sets you up with everything you need to be a well informed Columbusian. Columbusite. Cbussian? Whatever, give it a try, you'll love it.